29 plus 1 things to do before 30
My friend Miranda is a big to-do lister, in fact her blog is all about lists of things she wants and has accomplished. Recently she added a more short term list, a list of things to do within a year. I enjoy this since it has to be composed of more practical and easier to accomplish goals. I have too many big dreamy things I could add on a list but a year long restriction made me really think about what I could put on a list. So since one year from today I turn 30, I am starting a list of 30 things to do before I turn 30. I’ll blog my accomplishments and failures as they come. It’ll give me something to talk about and it’ll hopefully give me a kick in the butt to accomplish some of the less fun things on the list.
1. Learn to be a good mom
Take a class, not sure what in I learned to knit
Make salted caramels, this was on a another 30 TTDB 30 blogger and they sound wonderful
Start up the Wine Blog again and post regularly—-Sorta
5. Read at least 15 books. 30 would probably be more fitting but probably not as realistic.—-made it to 9
Update this blog twice a week. I plan to continue Holga Loving Wednesdays.—-figured out once a week is what I can handle
Plant a garden and actually get a harvest. harvested lettuce, zucchini, and banana peppers so far
Learn to can…Make something worth canning!! made and canned raspberry jalapeno jam delish!
9. Loose the baby weight, this includes the 10lbs of margarita/wine weight I gained right before getting preggers. blah
10. Do Yoga everyday for 1 month. rolling over to next year
Seek out and support more local businesses.
Bake a pie from scratch…crust and all. ugly apple pie tasted pretty good
Volunteer/Donate to a good cause art supplies to an art therapy place where there was a fire. baby clothes of the NICU
Participate in a photo challenge 26 things
15. Clean/organize the bead closet…scary
Paint the master bedroom. its like a completely different room now
17. Learn to use/not be scared of my sewing machine rolling over to next year
Finish the Rock quilt. DONE and I LOVE it
Pay off the truck woot
Keep Ryker’s photo album and journal up to date. mostly
Organize the garage.—-done
Go to a movie alone. went and saw the Kings Speech
Have a fun birthday party for R’s first bday. 40 people and very hot weather but it was a good time
24. Get handy and fix our leaky sinks.—-done!
25. Kayak Chicago went to Toast of the Town instead
Take R to his first baseball game and to the zoo.
27. Follow and complete a pattern from start to finish with out altering it. done!
Go for an outing w/ girl friends once a month. doing again next year
Buy and learn to use a 35mm toy camera…thinking wide angle went with the blue ribbon slim and love it
Tweet a happy thought once a day actually completed and plan to do again next year